Friday, September 5, 2014

Afternoon tea

We were at the Bonifacio Global City last week to receive the memorial to our black lab Troy who passed more than two weeks ago. As we waited for the delivery, we decided to check out the newly opened TWG tea restaurant at Bonifacio High Street. The wife and I had a few cups of tea at the TWG's in Singapore when we lived there a few years ago though I don't remember us purchasing tea for consumption at home. 

Customers are provided a copy of their tea book to browse about the hundreds of teas available with TWG. Of course, if you want a quick tip on what would be nice to drink any time of day or what teas are the bestsellers, don't hesitate to ask their very helpful staff. Afterwards, do a little reading on teas.

Our afternoon snack consisted of Imperial Jasmine tea, muffins and macarons. They were the perfect combination to a relaxed afternoon at the Fort. We actually ended up taking home a muffin and a few macarons but we did finish our tea.
With TWG finally in Manila, I guess there will be more branches opening soon. I'm not a coffee person and I actually prefer chocolate but I definitely enjoy a good cup of tea more than coffee. TWG is more than welcome to expand my knowledge of all these teas. I'm just not sure I can try out all those listed and described in their book.

-

No comments: