Friday, June 3, 2016

Chocolate review: Maestrani Espresso 72% Cacao

We open June with yet another write-up on chocolate. I have said before that chocolate goes well with coffee. And so when I saw this chocolate I made sure to get at least one bar to try out with the wife.

Maestrani Espresso 72% Cacao
Details on the chocolate at the back
This chocolate also had 72% cacao so we expected it to be a bit on the bitter side. It wasn't as bitter as we thought it would be. I think it is because of the coffee, which blended well with the chocolate.
The chocolate had the 'myclimate' logo. This meant the chocolate was made of ingredients (cacao) that were produced under climate neutral conditions. There was also information stating that the cacao used for this chocolate bar was fair trade (logo also in the previous photo). Such info likely translates into an environment-friendly production and socially responsible farming to produce and harvest the cacao.

Like the other Maestrani chocolate I featured in this blog, I got this chocolate at Santi's in Paseo Sta. Rosa, Laguna. The 80g bar cost about 250 pesos and so is on the expensive side of chocolates we have purchased. It is, however, worth its price. I also only got one to try out and will be looking for this chocolate the next time I am at Santi's.

-

No comments: