Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Another vintage Citizen Alarm Phynox watch

The design is conspicuous. It is familiar. But no, it's not a Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox. It's a Citizen Alarm watch. I featured one of these previously that had a mother of pearl dial that may be a little on the fancy side for some. I personally prefer this more 'regular' version of the watch.

The dial is a homage to the more famous (and many times more expensive) JLC Memovox. 
Side view showing the original crowns. The one at two o'clock is for the alarm setting and winding. The one at 4 o'clock is for the time adjustment and watch winding.
The other side view showing the overall good condition of the dial and case.
Watch back
Close-up of the dial showing some wear in the middle. Other than that, this watch is in great condition.
The obligatory wrist shot
 
I like wearing the watch as it is both classy and practical (alarm-wise). This one's another definite keeper. Here is the watch after the recent strap change - a custom gator. I have a suki for my watch straps who makes excellent leather straps. Two One Four Straps is on Facebook.

Custom alligator leather strap on my Citizen Alarm watch
 
While I don't have a photo of the movement, I have timed the watch and on a full wind it averages 45.5 hours. Not bad for a vintage watch. It also keeps time so as long as its wound (with enough power stored) then it will give accurate-enough time to the user.

-

No comments: