Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Vintage Cortebert Spirofix

Nice Cortebert watches are hard to come by. By nice I mean clean, running watches with decent power reserve and basically pristine backs (i.e., no names or whatever etched at the back). This is what I might call "nice enough" as it runs well and keeps time and the patina on the dial is rather acceptable.

This watch has no day or date features
Case back stating the watch to be waterproof and having anti-magnetic features. Incabloc refers to the shock resistance of movements of the same release period as this watch.
Side view showing a signed crown. The emblem though isn't Cortebert's but another that I have not identified.
The other side view
Close-up of the dial
The movement, which is signed, is a Caliber 689. The movement runs at 18,000 A/h and dates it to the mid 1940s and onwards.
This is a gold-plated watch
The obligatory wrist shot
I've been acquiring and unloading vintage watches for and from my collection. This one's in the gray zone in as far as I am concerned. I use it from time to time but only at the office for a few hours at a time. I don't mind selling this but it was an interesting acquisition together with another Cortebert, one with Roman numeral indices, that is now worn on another person's wrist.
-

No comments: