Friday, July 10, 2020

Seiko LImited Edition Star Bar - Honeycomb

I have been collecting vintage watches for some time now. Some are on the cheaper side; allowing me to collect quite a number of them. Some are priced moderately making them affordable but also making me consider and think at least twice about the acquisitions. And then there are those that would be classified as luxury - premium pieces from well known brands such as Omega, IWC and Jaeger Le Coultre.

I can count the times I bought a new one for myself or loved ones. I got a pair for my parents while I was residing in Japan. Another for a favorite cousin while also there. Another for a girl I was courting back in the day. But that's another story to tell someday.

The watch features a distinctive 'open heart' showing the movement and the signature honeycomb
Signed crown
The watch features a quick release leather strap with deployant clasp
Exhibition (transparent) back showing the movement, a 4R38A running at 21,600 beats per hour with a power reserve of 40 hours. The movement also features hacking (second hand stops when you adjust the time) and manual winding.
Close-up showing the movement marking (4R38A) and the watch number. This is number 2,165 of 6,000 units made.
Close-up of the dial showing the model number, dauphin hands, and the 'Made in Japan'
The customary wrist shot taken on Palm Sunday months ago.
I got this watch for the Clairvoyant but after wearing it a couple of times, she decided it was too big for her. So instead, I have been wearing this watch. The price though was one of my vintage JLC's that she now keeps in her storage. :)
-

No comments: