Monday, July 20, 2020

Seiko 6117-6400 World Time - white inner bezel

I have another Seiko World Time that I only recently acquired. This one's a little more beat up than the first one but I got it at a very reasonable price so I was willing to take the risk of having it checked and repaired if there were issues.

The watch has its original bracelet so it was a no-brainer pick-up when the opportunity to acquire this watch came up. It also helped that the measurement of the bracelet fit me well. It would have been difficult to find links for this.
Side view showing the crown. The inner bezel does not work but unfortunately I still can't have the watch serviced.
The other side view showing a watch in very good condition for its age.
The serial number indicates date of manufacture as February 1970.
Wrist shot taken when I first used the watch
Close-up shows a rather weathered inner bezel. I could not adjust it so for now it's fixed on London until I have this part fixed. All the other features work well.
This also runs on a Cal. 6117B movement. The watch initially kept time but now it has to be adjusted every day as I noticed it to be running late by a few minutes every day. I have not had this serviced so I guess that will be part of what needs to be checked for this watch.

[Note: 7/17/2020 - I just left the watch for servicing with my watch guy. Aside from the movement, I had the inner bezel checked as well as the gaskets as moisture seeped in a couple of times; once while I was washing the dishes and another when I was watering our plants.]

[Note: 7/21/2020 - I got back the watch and found that there was no gasket for the back cover and a worn out one for the crown. These were replaced. Unfortunately, the inner bezel's tread is also worn out and that means it would have to be replaced. I passed on that as it means I had to get an aftermarket bezel as replacement. That could bring the value of the watch down.]

-

No comments: