Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Seiko 6117-6400 World Time - black inner bezel

Prior to the lockdown, I acquired a much sought after Seiko World Time. The 6117-6400 was from a shop in San Francisco in the United States, and took time to be transported here. And so it was almost 3 months from its arrival in the Philippines that I was able to get this watch.

The 6117-6400 features an inner bezel for the time zones, a GMT hand and a date display.
Side view showing the crown at the 4 o'clock mark
The other side view
Case back showing the model and serial numbers. The serial number indicates this to be manufactured in January 1972, a month before I was born.
Close-up of the well preserved dial. I set the inner bezel for Singapore, which is supposed to be in the same time zone as Manila. I say "supposed" because it shouldn't be and is closer to Bangkok's time. Manila's is the same as Hong Kong and Taipei.
Close up of the dial showing the model number (same as the one in the case back)
This was the wrist shot the first time I wore the watch
Another wrist shot with one of my favorite nato straps
I recently had the watch fitted with a Hirsch racing strap. To be accurate, I asked the wife to have it fitted with this strap. :)
The straps look great on the UFO, too.
Here's a wrist shot with the racing straps from Hirsch
The watch runs on a Cal. 6117B movement, which has a hacking feature (the second hand stops when you pull the crown to adjust the time). This movement beats at 21,600 A/h with a potential storage of 46 hours. The watch keeps good time and so far I have not noticed any significant + or - over a period of 5 days that I have regularly used it with no adjustments to the time. This is another definite keeper!
-

No comments: