Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Purple chilli peppers

I got a couple pots of an unusual chili pepper plant that I spotted at a gardening store at the market I go to for our needs. I say unusual because of the purple-colored chilies as shown in the photo below. I shared the photo with friends and all of them said it was the first time they say this type of chili.

Purple-colored chili peppers
I got 2 pots of the chili and planted one in our garden while transferring another to a larger pot. The one I planted was quickly wasted by some of our dogs. Well, not really 'wasted' as they ate the chilis as well as the leaves. Of course, the plant died quickly afterwards despite hopes that watering it might resurrect it somehow. The chilis were hot as attested to by my father-in-law who was not averse in tasting it. He says it wasn't as hot as the labuyo variety that grows around our garden. I have yet to taste the chili but will probably try soon. Recently, we noticed that the purple chili eventually becomes red. So maybe that's when its hottest?
-

No comments: