Wednesday, November 25, 2020

More flowers and plants along our walking route

They say it's easy to miss a lot of things while driving. Walking allows for one to see more around you. That is, of course, if you are or choose to be in a more relaxed state rather than having a lot in your mind. I try to clear my mind when I do our morning walks. Here are some more plants we usually see along our walking route. I think I've taken so many photos of them, and was able to identify many using the Seek app I've installed on my phone.

Coral bells (Scientific Name: Antigonon leptopus)

Heart of Jesus (Scientific name: Caladium bicolor)

Costus woodsonii

Spanish Shawl (Scientific name: Heterotis rotundifolia)

 

Many of the plants are native to South America or Mexico. Many probably got here via the old link between th Philippines and Mexico (Manila-Acapulco Galleon Trade). But we cannot discount the possibility of these coming to the country via other places. Ships were already coming from China, Thailand, Malaya, Indochina and the East Indies (note that these are old names of countries that are now Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia and Indonesia.

-

No comments: