Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Zodiac Super Seadragon

The largest watch in my collection is this big Zodiac world time. I chanced upon this watch on eBay and acquired it after only 1 bid. Only a few seem to be interested in it despite the brand but maybe because it was a quartz model. I don't mind having quartz watches but I do choose which to acquire and retain in my collection. My Bulova moonwatch is a quartz and so it one of my Grand Seikos. I also have a Luminox and several other Seiko watches that are quartz watches. My AGS/Kinetic watches are quartz and so are most of my Swatch watches.

The watch has several features including date and dual time. There are also two bezels. One is a moveable inner bezel typical of divers watches that can only be rotated counter-clockwise. The second is an outer bezel showing representative time zones. This second one is not movable.
Case back showing the Seadragon logo among other information about the watch - model number, water resistant and it being Swiss made.

Side view showing the signed crown
The other side view

Close-up of the dial

The watch still has the original strap and buckle

Ronda quartz movement running this watch. I have not had the chance to open the watch to see the movement myself. This is a stock photo from the seller.
This is a big watch measuring 49-50mm wide excluding the crown. Here it is compared to another big watch, a Sicura world timer.

Wrist shot when I first wore the watch

This watch is as heavy as it looks like but I like my big watches for casual wear. I just tend to remove them when I am working on my computer as they tend to interfere when I am typing. :)

-

No comments: