Friday, October 29, 2021

Changing the watch band of the Seiko UFO

I acquired my Seiko 6138-0017 with its original watch band. However, it was too small for my wrist and I couldn't adjust the strap or find links for it. And so I purchased leather rally straps for this UFO so I can use it. While it looked good on the rally straps, there's just something not quite right about it. The watch is something that in my opinion deserved to be with a stainless steel band. Fortunately, I had a spare one from a watch band change I made with my 6138-8000.

I have used this chronograph infrequently. There's something about the stainless steel band though that seems to appropriate for this watch and a joy to wear on the wrist.

The stainless steel band came from my 6138-8000 (slide rule). I replaced this band with another and that freed this one up to be used for the UFO.

Not related to the band change but what the heck...here's a lume shot of the UFO that I recently took.

-

No comments: