Thursday, October 7, 2021

Replacing watch bracelets

Last August, I received my order of original, model specific bracelets for my Seiko chronographs. After some procrastination on my part, I decided to purchase these from a seller in Spain.

These came from Spain where I found a seller of original Seiko bracelets. It took some time to ship and processed for release but it was all worth it when it arrived and I replaced the bracelets of my favorite chronographs.

I have my tools at home for quick resizing of the bracelets.

Here's my vintage slide rule with new bracelet.

And here's a bullhead with the fish bone bracelet.

I have a couple more of the bracelets in reserve, and the ones I replaced can go to other watches. There are watches that I feel really require the stainless steel bracelets than the leather straps. These include the big Seiko chronographs (the 6138s) that are among my favorites and highly collectible. That, of course, should not take away anything from the high quality straps I get from my favorite leather craftsman (Two One Four Straps). These straps I think are most suitable for the vintage Swiss watches including some hand-wound chronographs in my collection.

-

No comments: