Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Rediscovering prayer and thoughts for the new normal

I think the recent bout with Covid-19 made me closer to God. I don't deny my faith but perhaps I have been quite busy that prayer and other forms of meditation were not as central to my  Of course, not everyone share this faith and view, and I respect that. This is not to preach but just sharing my own experiences in my blog.

This rosary was among the items the wife brought back home from her trip to Rome, Italy a few years ago. It still very fragrant as if the roses were still fresh.

This booklet came from the Shrine dedicated to Padre Pio of Petrelcina in Eastwood, Quezon City. I frequented this shrine before as I made my way to my office after dropping off the wife at her office at BGC (traffic wasn't as bad then). We even heard Mass on some Sundays here. This was truly a place of refuge and meditation for people needing some "time out" in their daily grind.

One close friend shared that one thing we should realize, if we had not yet done so, is that we are not in control. I tend to agree with this view especially as we reflect on what is happening around us with respect to the Covid-19 pandemic. Indeed, science and medicine have proven that we can meet this head on but with so many variables and new strains (i.e., mutations) to this virus, even scientists and medical experts admit that there is so much we do not know yet about Covid-19. It is good that we have had breakthroughs in vaccinations and treatments though, and at the least reduced the number of very serious or desperate cases. And yet hospitals are already full or overloaded with Covid patients to the point of the health care system being overwhelmed. Hopefully, these troubled times will ease for most of us and perhaps we can live with Covid-19. That will be the true new normal we must embrace and adjust to.

-

No comments: