Friday, October 22, 2021

First lunch back at the office

It's been about 2.5 months since I have been at the office. I finally went to the university to hold my class from there as well as to pick up some books and notes I needed to be able to continue mostly working from home. Since I was the only one in our laboratory, I checked if anyone close was also at the office so I could have someone to have lunch with. While I don't have any problem having a meal by myself, I thought it was a good idea to do a catch up. Fortunately, one close friend was there and we ordered a nice lunch via Grab.

Katsu meal set from Yabu - we both had the hire katsu, which was the lean one (the rosu katsu is the one with fat)

Looking at the packaging, I saw that they printed reheating instructions for their (Yabu)  products and those from their other restaurants. This is for Elephant Grounds and Hannosuke.

This one's for Ippudo, Yabi and Hachibei.

I miss eating Japanese food at our favorite restaurants. While many of these restaurants like Yabu and Ippudo are still in business (others have not survived the pandemic), we are still hesitant and refrain from eating out (dining in at these restos). Take out or delivery meals like these will do for now.

-

No comments: