Friday, November 26, 2021

A slightly used music player and my CD collection

A portable CD-Cassette-Player Radio we bought 3 years back was not being used so I decided to bring it to the guest room. We have one of our work-from-home set-ups at the guest room so there was another independent area especially for when one or many of us were on calls and needed to 'isolate' from the others. 

Sony CD-Casette player-radio

Some old CDs that I bought when I lived in Japan. These are more than 20 years old but they are in very good condition and don't skip when played. I guess the quality of these CDs are better than most?

I guess it's not a Sony if it didn't have Mega Bass as an option for its players including Walkman and Discman portables.

I still have most of my CD collection. I lost many CDs to the floods of Typhoon Ketsana (Ondoy) in 2009, including those in our cars and those I left in my parents' home. Fortunately, most of my CDs (the ones I listen to the most) were in our home and my office. I still keep them in several locations though our home now is flood free. My new wave/80s music and jazz collections are split at home and office but my classical music CDs are at home. Also mostly at home are my old J-Pop CDs (these are not really so many) including singles that I rediscovered recently while cleaning my shelves. I will write more about these things in future articles here.

-

No comments: