Monday, November 8, 2021

On generic replacement bands for my watches

I recently had one of my Seiko chronographs serviced. The day wheel got stuck and I had not brought this watch to the shop since I acquired it in December 2020. This didn't have a strap as I removed it and used the leather strap on another watch I planned to unload. Since I was already at the shop to get it last weekend, I purchased a generic stainless steel strap so I could wear it on the way home.

The Seiko 7017-6040 Flyback with its new stainless steel strap.

Unsigned clasp for the generic stainless steel strap. The day wheel is working well and is set to Kanji days. The photo shows the day to be Nichiyobi or Sunday.

For completeness, here is the back of the watch showing the serial number that indicates this to have been made in July 1971.

Close up of the lower part of the dial that shows the dial number that usually matches with the model number at the back of the watch.

Wrist shot for the last day of October - I wore the watch for my Sunday morning walk. That gave my usual watch for our walks, a Seiko AGS Landmaster, a rest.

-

No comments: