Sunday, November 28, 2021

Field and souvenir ball caps

I have a small collection of ball caps that include mostly souvenir caps from our trips abroad. Among these are baseball caps I myself bought including the Atlanta Braves cap I wrote about recently. I also have a San Francisco Giants cap I got in San Francisco during their successful run about a decade ago when they were winning the World Series every other year. And then there's the San Diego Padres cap I got while visiting the city in 2015. Two are field caps, meaning they are the types players actually used in games. One is an official souvenir cap.

This is my 25-year old Atlanta Braves cap, which is a field cap or one typically worn by players and coaches in the field of play.

This is my San Diego Padres cap, which I bought at the team shop at Petco Park in 2015. This is also an official on-field cap.

My San Francisco Giants cap, which I got in 2011, is an official souvenir cap (yes, there are many non-official caps out there).

I did have other caps that I bought when I visited the US including a couple I got as souvenirs aboard the USS Midway museum in San Diego. One went to Tatay and another to my father-in-law. I also got one from the USS Independence when I visited Yokosuka Naval Base in 2001, which I gave to my father. Unfortunately, I think that cap got lost with the floods of Typhoon Ketsana (Ondoy) in 2009 - another casualty of that disaster.

More on caps later...

-

No comments: