Sunday, June 25, 2023

Checking on our sagada oranges

I do regular inspection of our sagada orange tree after it finally bloomed and bore fruit last March (yes, almost three months ago!). Here are a few photos I took a couple of weeks ago (I forgot to share them here.).

A flower in full bloom - this will eventually turn into the fruit

I just had to take this photo one time I checked on the oranges a couple of weeks ago. This was partly for size comparison.

This is the largest fruit on the tree compared to my palm. This is about 3 months on the tree from the time the first flowers came out in March.

The second largest fruit

The tree is flowering again! We did not expect this as we thought it would be seasonal and would blossom only during the colder months of the year (December to March).

More updates on these very soon (maybe in early July). I read somewhere that it may take months for the oranges to ripen on the tree or for them to be ready for picking. We'll observe the fruits and record this for documentation and reference.

-

 

No comments: