Friday, October 2, 2026

My Wilson Hyper Carbon 4.0 badminton racket

I got this racket in Bangkok, Thailand during one of my annual trips there a couple of decades ago. At the time, it was not difficult to handcarry rackets during flights even though these were post-911 travels. I believe I got this racket at one of the sports shops at one of the malls at Siam Square. 

Relatively pristine racket head and strings. I use Wilson strings for my Wilson rackets. I also am very conscious about scraping my rackets on the floor when playing.

Model printed on the racket

This is more like the between the common and state of the art materials back in the day; combining carbon fiber and graphite to produce a lightweight but also durable racket.

The racket had this somewhat shock-absorbing feature. I'm not really sure how it affected my game but for a relatively short racket, this one was a pleasure hitting shuttles with.

I have a good history with Wilson rackets. My tennis rackets have always been Wilson rackets though I was tempted to get a Yonex racket one time. This badminton racket is shorter than the usual rackets, which probably gives the user more control. 

- 

No comments: