I usually crave for the dishes that I regard as comfort food. These are usually Japanese, Italian and Thai (not in any order). I didn't include Filipino food because these are, of course, generally available so I can have inasal, grilled fish or molo in many places. While I have my 'go to' places for Japanese, Italian or Thai food, they are not usually easy to go to. Yes, there is the Grab or Food Panda option but it is usually a better experience to eat at the place rather than have them delivered. Mas masarap kumain ng gyudon sa Yoshinoya mismo imbes na via delivery.
As we have tried the food at the Thaiwadee at the food court at the Robinsons Antipolo annex, we ordered there again. This time, I got the chicken kra pao and the mango & sticky rice.
![]() |
| Mango and sticky rice at Thaiwadee, Robinsons Antipolo |
![]() |
| The disappointing Chicken kra pao at Thaiwadee |
I was disappointed with the chicken kra pao because they didn't use ground chicken, enough Thai basil, and chili. The rice also looked and tasted like it was cooked around lunchtime than dinnertime. You look at the photo above and perhaps the first thing you will think of is one type of silog meal rather than a Thai dish.
The mango and sticky rice was also not as good as I wanted it to be. I should have just gotten the one by Cha Tra Mue though it was across the other side of the mall.
I hope they improve on their food considering they're the only Thai food option at Robinsons Antipolo. I am not sure there are good Thai food options around that will satisfy my cravings for Thai food. Some restos serve Tom Yum, Chicken Pandan or Chicken Satay but those are quite common like sinigang or inasal in our case.
-


No comments:
Post a Comment