Friday, February 10, 2012

Back in Bacolod

It's been a long time since my last visit to Bacolod City in Negros Occidental. That was back in 2000 when I attended the wedding of a very good friend, Val Teodoro, who tied the knot with his high school sweetheart Ana Mae Depositario. That was only my second time in Bacolod after also a period of so many years (around 4 years since my first trip in February 1996). That first one was a very short stay as I and my Japanese professor companion arrived from Cebu in the morning and left for Manila in the evening. I still remember us being booked on the last flight out of the old Bacolod Airport and that meant a late arrival in Manila. We tried to catch an early flight and I ended up lining up along the chance passenger counter where I got quite lucky and was able to get tickets to an earlier flight. The Japanese professor was elated at our luck, even reminding me that he was a pretty lucky guy (sunny person was his term). 

Since I've lost many photos from those time, I made sure to make up and take a lot this time. In the next few posts, I will be featuring photos of my latest experience of Bacolod including a visit to nearby Silay City, which is where the new airport is located as the old one was closed few years ago. In fact, I was even able to get more than enough photos for my other blog, which deals entirely on transport and traffic - my chosen profession.

-

No comments: