Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Workshop in Bali - Part 2

As expected, my hotel room was luxurious and with a great view of the sea. I took a few photos last night and this morning of my hotel room and the view from my balcony.

Just had to take a photo of the King-sized bed
Proof of presence - I usually take a photo of myself in my hotel room and I should have a sizable collection of these photos from all the places I've stayed in. Unfortunately, many of those photos were taken before I had a digital camera and many perished with Ketsana's flood.
The TV, the minibar and the short hallway to the door
My hotel room balcony overlooking the Indian Ocean
The pool looks so inviting from where I was. The ocean was quite active the whole night and it seems also this morning. I saw many tourists taking their surfboards from the carousel at the airport last night so I guess Bali's great for surfing this time of year. Photo taken around 0640 this morning.
Shot I took around 0620 of the ocean, the beach and the clubhouse. Oh yes, that's part of the balcony of the room below mine. I think theirs is a suite given the size of the balcony.
Same photo of the poolside at 0620 - I thought it was going to be a gloomy day bit it seems the sun had other ideas. It quickly rose and made its presence felt, and I think a lot of visitors are rejoicing for the morning sun.
Sunrise at 0640 - my first Bali sunrise shot and a pretty decent one for a point and shoot
Sunrise at 0646 - my Canon Ixy was able to take a decent shot of the sunrise just before the sun became more intense for the trusty point and shoot.

As every sunrise is unique, I will try to take more photos in the next few days. Fortunately, our schedule permits me to take my time in the mornings. As I am a morning person and one to wake up early no matter what, I think I will also try some early morning strolls at the beach, while everybody else is snoozing in their rooms.

-

No comments: