Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Chocolate review: Marks & Spencer Swiss Chocolate

I have featured mostly dark chocolates in the past modest reviews I've made. For a change, I write about a white chocolate that we got before the holidays last year. I got this bar from Marks & Spencer as a Christmas gift from one of our research partners. As expected from the brand, the chocolate was smooth and not too sweet for a white chocolate bar.

Marks & Spencer Swiss Chocolate is tagged as extra fine chocolate. I think the tag is pretty accurate. It is obviously not a top brand chocolate but the quality is high.
The information at the back states that the bar contains 35% cocoa solids. I think this is a bit high for a milk chocolate and is probably one of the reasons for its smooth taste.
I haven't checked the price for this bar but it is likely to be more expensive than the white chocolates you typically find on supermarket shelves. However, it shouldn't be priced like the Valrhona's so a bar shouldn't put you back a lot or punch a hole on your pockets.
-

No comments: