Saturday, February 2, 2019

Anker vintage watch with PUW 500 movement

My collection of vintage watches includes this German watch from 1940. I got this Anker from one a seller from Serbia who's become something like a friend already. It's perhaps I give him good business and he delivers on his part ensuring the watches I got from him arrive in good condition. :)

Simple dial with sub-second feature. Note, too, the lugs on this watch that is commonly referred to as a bull's horns
Side view showing the crown
The other side view
Case back showing the watch back to be of stainless steel but for the body to be 20 microns gold plated
Inside the back cover, there are etchings from previous repairs and maintenance. I haven't gotten to deciphering the dates from these but it would be interesting to establish the history for this watch.
Here's the PUW 500 movement that runs at 18,000 bph with an original power reserve of 43 hours
The watch on my wrist after I fitted it with a Hirsch strap. I thought it was just appropriate for this vintage timepiece.
Here is another wrist shot

I timed the watch recently and it lasted about 42 hours on a full wind. Again, this is not bad for a 79-year old watch. Of course, I use it sometimes like the 83-year old Laco I also have. That way, they get to run from time to time. Needless to say, these vintage watches need some routine maintenance like cleaning and oiling by our suking watchman.
 
[I parted with this watch back in 2019. The buyer was another collector so it was good to know it's in good hands rather than to another who's just buying and selling watches.]
-

No comments: