Friday, February 1, 2019

King Seiko 4502 7001, Hi-Beat Manual Wind

We start the month of February with a watch feature. My collection includes this King Seiko also from my birth year of 1972. Hi-Beat here stands for 36,000 bph. Of course, I prefer this to the hi-beat Lord Marvel models. The latter were the first to come out but I guess the movements on the KS is the more refined ones?

This King Seiko also has that simple yet elegant design found in the KS 44 model
Side view showing the signed crown
The other side view.
Case back with the KS medallion and serial number indicating this was manufactured in August 1972
Close-up of the bottom of the dial
The watch's 4502A movement is in great condition
The watch the first time I wore it after fitting it with a Hirsch leather strap

The watch lasts about 43 hours on a full wind. That is not at all bad for a 46-year old watch. I have also observed it to be gaining only a few seconds per day so it is still a very reliable piece.
-
Note: This watch is also no longer with me. I unloaded it late last year along with the 44KS. I still have one 4502 - a gold-plated one that I have put on the market but so far had no takers. [4/6/2020].

-

No comments: