Monday, February 25, 2019

King Seiko 5626 7040 Chronometer - BMBY

Today's my day and I write about a watch that has much sentimental value to me is one that I only recently acquired. It is a watch from my BMBY or birth-month-birth-year. I had thought previously that The Watch was supposed to be a Seiko slide rule model but then I was a bit lucky to have found this King Seiko.

The watch is a certified chronometer with a date and Kanji & English day feature
This features a hi-beat movement, which is 28,800 bph and the model numbers on the back match the model numbers at the bottom of the dial.
Case back showing the serial number and model number as well as the correct medallion for this model.
Signed crown
Another view of the dial and the baton hands
Here's yet another view featuring the signed crown
The watch came without a strap but I had already prepared for this with a handmade leather strap I had made by an excellent leathersmith I met online. I also have a Hirsch strap for this watch.

The watch's day feature wasn't working when I got it. And so I brought the watch to my suking watch repairman who cleaned the movement and fixed the day feature. It's now fully functional and keeps accurate time. Though I want to wear it more often, I've managed to make it part of a rotation that allows me to care for my favorites in my collection. That way, I am able to reduce the wear from using the watch so often. If this were something like a baseball or basketball game, the rotation of 5 would probably be this watch, my moon watch, the Futurematic, my favorite Kinetic and the Ocean Star. Honorable mentions would be my other hi-beat KS, my JR railway watch and the Landmaster. :)
-

No comments: