Monday, June 3, 2024

Why I love Ted Lasso

Ted Lasso concluded its three season run last year. I thought it was one of the best series I've watched. It made a lot of sense considering the situations the characters found themselves in and the humor was realistic rather than slapstick. Never mind that in reality an (American) football coach would never be considered to coach or manage an English football team.

I liked it when Ted wrote on the cover of Trent's draft that the latter only needed to change the title. Instead of "The Ted Lasso Way," the book's title became "The Richmond Way." It wasn't really about the football but life (in its many variations and situations) that was the topic of the series. Of course, it helped that there were many notable guests on the series including football legends like Pep Guardiola and Thierry Henry.

I think the top reason why I really love Ted Lasso is that the series helped me through a battle with COVID-19. One or two episodes a night for several nights including the most difficult ones while I had the virus and was in isolation helped me keep my spirits up and made my condition a bit more bearable while I struggled to recover.

-

No comments: