Saturday, August 15, 2026

Autographs - Pugad Baboy with Pol Medina, Jr.

I am very happy today as I got an autograph from one of my favorites Pol Medina, Jr. or PM Jr. He is the man behind the popular Pugad Baboy comics. I have been enjoying his work since I can remember. I do have the compilations though I have not been updated recently. Some actually perished in floods in the 1990s and I had to find replacements. Fortunately, there have been several re-issues of the older compilations. I brought one, maybe my favorite Vol. 4 to the Komiket at Ayala 30th. 

Mr. Medina signing Vol. 34

Autograph on my old Pugad Baboy 4

I used to have other autographed items including a couple of caricatures from a Humanities II project when I was a sophomore at UP Diliman. Our project had us interview a couple of artists. My partner and I interviewed the famous cartoonist Larry Alcala and political cartoonist Norman Isaac (Bulletin Today/Manila Bulletin). We interviewed Mr. Alcala at his home in UP Village while we went to the Bulletin's office in Intramuros for Mr. Isaac's. We both got caricatures from them as souvenirs. Those perished with my autographed planner (Monica Seles and Mary Joe Fernandez from the Japan Open in 1999) in the floods of Ondoy (Ketsana).  I will take good care of these newly autographed items along with other souvenirs since then.

No comments: