Sunday, August 16, 2026

My Wilson Pro Staff 5.2 tennis racket

Here are some photos of my Pro Staff racket including the case. This was my first own racket that I bought at a shop I found in Yokohama. This was was at the Marui Building adjacent to the Yokohama Station where my Japanese labmates pointed me to when I asked where I could buy a nice racket. I also got other items from that sports shop including tennis shoes (my first Nike pair), balls, shirts and shorts.

The blue color of the case has faded after 29 years but is still very much intact. The zipper and straps are in great condition.

The racket is intact with no damage to the frame and, surprisingly, the strings. The vibration dampener is also in great condition. I was thinking the rubber would have deteriorated (i.e., crumbled) but its as if it was bought and installed recently.

Stretch means this is a longer racket than the usual.

The Pro Staff was headlight, meaning the user had more control but have to generate the power for each hit. This one featured a Perimeter Weighting System that helps the user with stability, power and control.

Close up of the side of the racket frame

 

I will also share photos of my Sledge Hammer in a future post.

No comments: