Tuesday, August 25, 2026

My Wilson Sledge Hammer 2.8

I gave a preview of this racket in an earlier post. Here are more photos of my Wilson Sledge Hammer that I also used playing tennis on some weekends while I was a student in Yokohama in the late 1990s.

The racket case is still very much intact and in great condition for something that is more than 25 years old. 

Racket tech circa late 1990s

Recommended tension for the strings

The Sledge Hammer has a larger sweet spot for those who want to generate power with less effort. Hammers and Sledge Hammer models have been associated with senior citizen players as well as those who play weekends or occasionally only.

I keep both my Pro Staff and Sledge Hammer rackets at my other office where I keep my personal stuff including some collections on display on my shelves. I actually miss playing tennis. I know I can still hit the ball but not sure about chasing the ball across the court. I eventually shifted to badminton many years ago while also still playing pingpong/table tennis after office hours. My paddles are also in my office. I think I will feature my badminton and pingpong gear in future posts.

No comments: