Thursday, July 9, 2015

Chocolate review: Kablon Farms All Natural Raw Chocolate 60

I featured a chocolate bar from Kablon Farms in South Cotabato, Mindanao earlier this year, which I bought at a small trade fair in Cebu City. We found that chocolate to be a bit raw in taste compared to most other chocolates we've tasted and which I featured here before. In fact, it was far from the Malagos chocolates from Davao. And that was Kablon Farms' dark chocolate bar! This time, we tried their Raw Chocolate bar, pictures of which are below:

Kablon Farms' chocolate claims to contain 60% cacao from a single origin
The previous Kablon chocolate I featured used cane sugar as sweetener. This one used coconut sugar.

We also found this bar a bit wanting in terms of taste. It didn't have a distinctive taste compared to the first Kablon Farms bar considering this was "raw chocolate." There's definitely room for improvement and perhaps they are already improving their product so I will look forward to the next time I encounter the chocolate, wherever it may be that I can buy a bar or more.
-

No comments: