Our daughter has taken to having sandwiches for breakfast or lunch. It's a good way for her to have a full meal (with juice or milk) before going to school or while at school. It's not messy and doesn't need utensils for eating. S
![]() |
| Spread the butter on one slice. You can be generous with the butter so it will have an impact on the taste of the sandwich. It blends well with the tuna and cheese. |
![]() |
| I use an oven toaster though you can use a sandwich maker if you have one. I usually pre-heat the oven toaster so its already hot inside when I place the slices. |
![]() |
| Toast until the bread is a little crispy. Don't let them be burned. By the time, the tuna would be cooked enough. The butter and cheese would have melted before this. |
![]() |
| Just flip them over and slice into two before serving. Our daughter likes it sliced into two triangles. |
This is a favorite whether for breakfast, lunch or merienda. Its easy to make and you can have some variety with the cheese, tuna and breads. I haven't tried multiple cheeses but these are common in other tuna melt sandwiches restaurants or delis offer. You can get good bread from French Baker, Lartizan or off the shelf in major supermarkets. Canned tuna is available in most supermarkets and groceries. I can't imagine the effort to make tuna flakes from raw tuna from the wet market. If I had to buy my tuna melt sandwich, I prefer the one by Wild Flour. To-go, that would probably be by Starbucks. But that assumes I didn't have time to make one for myself.
-








No comments:
Post a Comment