I previously posted about my tennis rackets - a Wilson Pro Staff and a Wilson Sledge Hammer. This time I thought I will write about my badminton rackets. I've been into racket sports since the late 1980s. I learned to play badminton, the street variety that had no nets before I learned to play tennis. I learned to play tennis before I pingpong despite a close buddy who played good pingpong when we were in high school. Tennis I learned from my father and his friends and as one of my PE's at university. But badminton was easy to learn as a recreational sport you played in the streets of our village in the 1980s. One of my cousins taught me to hit the shuttlecock then but it was later in the early 2000's when I started playing more seriously but more for health and wellness than to compete. Here are my badminton rackets that I still use from time to time though not as frequent as before.
![]() |
| My two remaining rackets - a Yonex Muscle Power 80 and a Wilson Hyper Carbon 4.0 |
![]() |
| Yonex Muscle Power 80 |
![]() |
| Wilson Hyper Carbon 4.0 |
I used to have a third racket, a Prince, but that has been lost many years ago. It already had a damaged frame owing to a collision of rackets in one doubles match we were playing. It finally broke and I disposed of the racket.
-



No comments:
Post a Comment