"Monay" is a popular bread in the country. It has several if not so many variants including the size of the monay. It can be a small piece or a whole loaf that can be sliced like the regular bread used for sandwiches. You can buy the large monay loaves (usually sliced) in supermarkets, groceries or bakeries. The bread can be soft on the sweet side or it can be hard/firm and on the neutral side as breads go. I tried the monay to make a tuna melt sandwich for my daughter and the result was good.
![]() |
| Monay slices in the toaster oven with the usual tuna flakes and cheese slice. One slice has butter on it. |
![]() |
| The slices out of the oven and before I bring them together. |
![]() |
| Tuna melt sandwich for breakfast and baon. |
I got the monay loaf from a bakery near the site of a project we are working on somewhere in Balintawak. I like checking out the local tinapayan (bakery) wherever I go; when it is possible.
-



No comments:
Post a Comment