Saturday, February 5, 2022

Dinner at Wild Flour, Uptown BGC

I was back in BGC last week to receive deliveries of furniture and appliances for our new hang-out at the Uptown part of BGC. After all the deliveries were made, I settled in for an overnighter so I could see for myself how it felt again to be living in a CBD. Previously, we have rented a one bedroom at BGC while our home was under construction. We had our previous home but during the wet season that year, the floods were quite frequent and disrupted our activities. My wife's office was at BGC and to spare her from the longer commute, we decided to get a place there while our home project was ongoing.

As we didn't have anything to cook or cook with yet (not that we needed to at the moment), I decided to go out to explore the nearby mall and see where I can get a nice meal. On the way to the mall, I walked past Wild Flour at the junction near our building. I had not eaten there for over 2 years now mainly due to the pandemic and lock-downs. It was an easy decision for me to come back and have my meal there rather than dine at one of the many restaurants at the mall.

Grape shake - haven't had this for while though I could easily come up with some with a blender at home. Perfect refreshment after a walk.

The view across from the cafe

Tuna melt sandwich with a generous serving of salad greens on the side

Wild Flour's tuna melt sandwich is among those I consider as comfort food. Somehow, they prepare this very well with their freshly baked bread, and the salad greens are always of the best quality. The serving's not too much and not too little. Needless to say, I went back very satisfied with my dinner. And I did take home a couple of their old-fashioned donuts for my breakfast the following morning.

-

No comments: