Sunday, February 6, 2022

Mug shots: Tokyo Disneyland souvenir mug

This is another souvenir from my stay in Japan that has a lot of sentimental value to it. I had always wanted to go to Disneyland from what I've seen or read on TV or magazines. The child in me is most enthusiastic and excited about the prospect. The first opportunity was just before autumn of 1998 when a close friend and I sort of planned going to Tokyo Disneyland months before his family was to return to Manila (he was graduating in September that year). I don't recall purchasing other souvenirs aside from this mug, which was easy to carry in my bag. I still do have the ticket from that first time in Disneyland. I was there on September 11, 1998.

This is a 24-year old mug

Tokyo Disneyland is now Tokyo Disney Resort

The other side of the mug. All the major Disney characters are in the mug - Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto and even the Chipmunks.

Some imperfection to the handle

These were still 'Made in Japan' at the time. I assume most souvenir items sold at Disney are now 'Made in China'.

I will probably write about that Disney experience soon. Afterwards, I was able to go to Disneyland twice but at the original in Anaheim, California. We hope to take our daughter to Tokyo Disney once things are better regarding the pandemic.

-

No comments: