Sunday, February 27, 2022

Gold and a small collection of vintage LeCoultre watches

Last Friday, we celebrated my 50th birthday. 50 years has long been associated with gold and so I thought I would be posting something about this precious metal. As part of the celebration, I post what I call a trinity of grail watches. This was finally completed just a few days from my 50th birthday when I received a LeCoultre Powermatic (or Power Reserve) after more than 2 months where the watch apparently traveled from the US to Germany and then here. The long route was due to the logistics problems in the US brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic.

LeCoultre Futurematic, Memovox and Powermatic
 

It was truly a memorable celebration with family and close friends. I am very thankful for all the graces we've received and am hopeful for the future. We have survived and are surviving this Covid-19 pandemic. We pray that the conflict involving Russia and Ukraine will not escalate to bring pain, suffering and grief to the entire world. I think that last one is my wish on my birthday...God have mercy on us all.

-


No comments: