Monday, February 21, 2022

Tea time: tea cup gift set from Japan

I brought back a few sets of glazed tea cups that I acquired while living in Japan. Among these are two that I most likely bought from one of the weekend bazaars I went to with friends in Tokyo or Yokohama.

What's left of the price tag is still on this cup

The cup has some elegant flower design with a glossy finish.

The bottom bears the stamp of the maker. This was probably a Japanese artisan, and they are famous for having many craftsmen make these and similar items.


I brought back a lot of things that have sentimental value from my time in Japan in the 1990s. I have yet to really account for many of these items aside from those that are conspicuously on display as well as those that I use. For example, I have a sake set at my parents' home in Cainta. I also have a rice bowl set that I left in our ancestral home in Cabatuan, Iloilo. I will try to document them and write about these items here.

-

No comments: