Thursday, February 3, 2022

Mug shots: Mrs Elizabeth Muffin mug

This mug has a story behind it. I acquired the mug as a prize after filling up a stamp card for Mrs. Elizabeth Muffins. You had to purchase muffins or cookies like how you buy coffee and other beverages at Starbucks or CBTL. There are milestones like a free muffin after 8 or 10 stamps and then this mug when you fill out the entire card.

The mug is bigger than most of my mugs. My favorite beverage then and now is hot chocolate and I used to buy Morinaga or Meiji powdered chocolate for my morning drink. During the day, I would just get a can of hot choco or tea from the university vending machines. These also kept the hands warm during the cold months in Japan.

The mug is basically plain except for the brand in the previous photo.

I remember bringing back 3 mugs from Japan but broke one so only 2 remain that I am very careful about. There's a lot of sentimental value that I place on these mugs and others that I used while I was studying in Japan. Yes, I drank from these mugs while I was in Japan. I have two others that I brought to the lab for my personal use that I also brought back. I no longer use them like these two and are on display in my office at UP.

-

No comments: