Friday, February 18, 2022

Mug shots: Landmark Tower

The tallest structure in Japan used to be the Landmark Tower located in the Minato Mirai 21 district in Yokohama. My first time to ride a high speed elevator was on the way to the view deck of the tower. The elevators also used to be the fastest in the world (there was a Guinness Book of World's Records plaque at the elevator lobby). A souvenir that I got from the tower's gift shop is this mug, which I used for my usual hot chocolate or tea at our laboratory at Yokohama Kokudai.

The mug bears a drawing of the Landmark Tower and a ship (Yokohama being a major port).

Mug handle

The other parts of the mug have no print

It's not mentioned if this was 'Made in Japan' but the art work is by a Japanese graphics company.

I brought this mug to our laboratory so I had my own mug for my drinks at the university. So this was in use for almost 3 years. It is currenly on display in my office. It is still in quite pristine condition for a 20+ year old mug that I used almost everyday during my stay in Yokohama.

 

-

No comments: